As you probably already guessed, I LOVE Whoopie Pies! 🙂 ❤ They are one of my all time favorite things. I also absolutely love fall, and even though it’s still pretty hot out here, when September rolls around, all I can think of is apples, cardigans, cinnamon, and especially pumpkin!!!
So today I’m making Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling. They are amazing and so delicious!!
1 stick of butter
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1.5 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp. ginger
1 c. brown sugar
1.5 c. pumpkin puree
- First, preheat oven to 350º and line 2 cookie sheets with tin foil.
- Time to make the whoopie cookies! In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- In another large bowl, mix together brown sugar & oil until well combined. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla & egg and mix together. Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon, drop small heaps of the dough onto the cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Pop into the oven and bake at 350º for 15 minutes. The cookies will start to crack a little bit when they’re ready. Let cool completely before icing!
- Now for the best part! The filling! 😀 In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add cream cheese and beat until well combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and beat again til smooth. Cover & refrigerate to set up.
- Now time to make the whoopie pies! 😀 With a knife or a pastry bag, put a large dollop of the filling on the flat side of the cookies. Then add another cookie on top to make the whoopie pie! Refrigerate if you need them to set up a little more. Bet you can’t eat just one! Enjoy! 😀
K bye!!! :-*