I don’t know about you, but I sure could use a good comfort food meal tonight! I love this recipe, because the flavors are so unique and it always tastes like home to me! My mom would always make this one in the colder weather. It is definitely a classic! 😀
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Small box of white mushrooms, chopped
-Salt & Pepper
-1 lb. hanger steak, sliced
-1/4 c. all purpose flour
-1/3 c. dry red wine
-1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
-1 small onion, sliced
-1/2 c. chicken stock or broth
-1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
-1/2 c. sour cream
-Buttered egg noodles
Let’s get cookin’!
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Toss the steak with the flour until evenly coated; gently tap off the excess.
- Add olive oil to skillet. Add the steak slices and cook until slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the steak to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Add the wine to the skillet and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the wine to the mushrooms and steak.
- This is a good time to get the pasta going. Boil a large pot of salted water until boiling, then add the egg noodles!
- In the same skillet, melt the butter until yummy and bubbling. 😀 Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Return the contents of the bowl to the skillet.
- Stir in the stock and Worcestershire sauce and simmer over moderate heat until the pan juices thicken slightly, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream!
- Season the stroganoff with salt and pepper and serve over buttery and delicious egg noodles!
K byeee!!! :-*