Never underestimate the power and beauty of a roast chicken! I find that it pairs perfectly with onions, carrots, and potatoes for a yummy autumn meal. You will be amazed how simple and absolutely delicious this one turns out! It is a take on the cooking guru Ina Garten’s roast chicken, but I added a took away a few things as well. 🙂 Enjoy!!!
-1 full bulb of garlic
-4-5 large carrots, chopped
-5-6 small potatoes
-1 small yellow onion
-fresh or dried thyme
-1 lemon (quartered)
-1/4 stick of butter (melted)
Let’s get cookin!
- Preheat oven to 425º. First remove the little bag of giblets from the chicken. Rinse and clean it well! Pat dry with paper towels.
- Line a roasting pan or a glass casserole dish with foil.
- Rub the chicken down with butter until well coated. This will create that beautiful brown color!
- Salt and pepper the chicken well inside and out. (Always do a little more than you think!) Stuff the chicken with full cloves of garlic, quartered lemon, and the dried or fresh thyme. Tie the legs together with string. (I used dental floss…seriously!)
- Lay the potatoes, onions, and carrots generously around the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425º for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let rest under foil for 20 minutes.