Is there anything more wonderful than cake batter?! Nope. I’ll eat it right off the beaters! 😀 I’ll share a couple tricks and techniques to ensure your cookies and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside! 🙂
– 1 and 1/4 c. all purpose flour
-1 and 1/4 c. funfetti cake mix (you can use regular cake mix, but I think the funfetti adds a better taste and has sprinkles in it too!) 😀
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
–1.5 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
-1/2 c. granulated sugar
-1/2 c. light brown sugar (I used a mixture of dark and light)
-1 egg (room temperature)
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 c. chocolate chips
Let’s get bakin’!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cake mix. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, cream room temperature butter with sugars on a medium speed. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix on a medium speed until combined.
- Add chocolate chips as well as additional jimmies if you desire! Mix with a spatula until the chips and jimmies are incorporated.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap or put in an airtight container and refrigerate for atleast 2 hours. I took mine out around the 3-4 hour mark. You can even refrigerate them overnight. Do not skip this step!! The dough is pretty sticky, so it needs time to set up and will ensure that the cookies don’t spread into one another! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Important tip! Roll your cookies out into cookie mounds… higher than they are wide! It really helps in the overall baking of the cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes (mine took about 11) and until golden brown. The cookies will appear soft in the middle, but they will set up. Allow them to set for atleast 5 or so minutes.
K bye!!! :-*