It’s getting colder and colder here in the city, and nothing says comfort food like Shepherd’s Pie! This is a super simple, Sunday night meal that will definitely feed a crowd and then some! Dig in and enjoy! 😀
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 bunch of carrots (3-4)
-1 package frozen peas
-1 small yellow onion
-1 package of beef gravy
-1/2 c. water
-6+ small red or golden potatoes (I used a combo)
For the potatoes:
Let’s get cookin’!
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Dice the potatoes and heat a large pot of water to boiling until the potatoes are soft and ready for mashing. Drain.
- Add the meat, carrots, onion, and peas to a large skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook on a medium heat until the meat has browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Add in the brown gravy packet and mix with a 1/2 c. of water. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Mash the potatoes with a masher. Add in sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. I never measure this, just taste along the way! 😀
- Now it’s time to layer! In a large casserole dish, put the meat mixture on the bottom and then the potatoes on top.
- Pop into the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the mashed potatoes reach a golden brown color.
K bye!!! :-*