Happy happy holidays!! It’s Christmastime in the city, and it’s time to bake more cookies!! (Like I need a reason… ha!) Also my boyfriend is awesome and bought me a PINK kitchen aid mixer for Christmas and I named it Priscilla!! 😀
I’m making these guys for some friends in the city. I wanted to add a little more sweetness to mine with the butterscotch chips, but you could add whatever chips you like! I adapted this recipe from the blog, Cookies & Cups, who makes amazing and delicious treats!! Enjoy!
-¾ c. butter, room temperature
-1 c. granulated sugar
-1 egg + 1 additional yolk
-¼ c. molasses
-1 tsp. baking soda
-½ tsp. salt
–½ tsp. salt
-2½ tsp. ground ginger
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-2¼ c. flour
–1½ cups butterscotch chips
Let’s get bakin’!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar together for 2 minutes.
- Add in molasses and mix until incorporated.
- Beat in egg plus additional yolk, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Mix until smooth.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour until dough comes together.
- Stir in butterscotch chips!
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Roll dough into balls, about 2 inches in diameter and place on baking sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until edges are golden.
- Make sure cookies cool completely and then dig in!!!!
K bye!!! :-*