Howdy everyone! Hope the holidays were lots of fun for everyone and you ate and drank yourselves silly! Now, the question at hand today is, what am I going to do with all of these ripe bananas?!?! Make banana bread of course! 😀 Here’s a twist on an old classic. Because let’s face it, everything is better with brown sug’ and a little cinnamon!
-3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
-1/3 cup melted butter
-3/4 cup sugar
-1 egg, beaten
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tsp baking soda
-dash of salt
-1 1/2 cups flour
For the top:
-a few pinches of brown sugar
-1/3 cup sugar
-1 Tbsp cinnamon
Let’s get bakin’!
- Preheat oven to 350 and butter a small loaf pan.
- Mash bananas and mix them with softened butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Don’t over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Layer it with more batter, then add the rest of the cinnamon sugar. Add a pinch or two… or three of brown sugar to top it off!
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until crisped on top and a toothpick comes out clean! 😀
K bye!! :-*