Everyone ready for more whoopie pies?! For this recipe, I’m going to build it around the one of the most gorgeous and beautiful things on the planet… COOKIE BUTTER!! 😀 Speculoos cookie butter to be exact! If you ever fly Delta you get those delicious little gingerbready peanut buttery cookies… well those are Speculoos cookies! We’re going to put that delicious jar of heaven to good use today. You can find this stuff at a lot of grocery stores including Trader Joe’s. These are so yummy and delicious on their own as cookies or with buttercream frosting!
-1 c. all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-½ c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
-1 c. Speculoos cookie butter 😀
-¾ c. granulated sugar
-1/2 c. brown sugar
-2 large eggs, room temperature
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
-1 c. powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour & baking soda, set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat Speculoos, butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and stir in flour mixture.
- Chill dough up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350º.
- Place cookie dough in balls about an inch or so apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer for several minutes or until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread buttercream onto one side of the cookie. Grab another cookie and make a whoopie pie cookie sandwich! 😀
K bye!!! :-*