Happy Friday! Nothing says yummy like these cookie dough bars with cookie dough frosting! We must top it with more cookie dough goodness because just cookie dough bars aren’t enough!! Hope you enjoy! 😀
For the cookie bars:
-¾ cup butter, softened
-¾ c. brown sugar
-¼ c. white sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 cu. all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-2 tsp. cornstarch
-½ tsp. salt
-1 c. milk chocolate chips
For Cookie Dough Frosting:
-1 stick butter, softened
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-⅓ c. brown sugar
-About 3 c. powdered sugar
-Milk (as needed)
-1 c. chocolate chips
Let’s get bakin’!
- Whisk together the flour, soda, cornstarch and salt, and set aside.
- Next, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy, about a minute. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8″ pan with foil, and use butter or cookie spray on the pan so it doesn’t stick.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Press the cookie dough into the baking dish. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown and the center is set. Cool before frosting! 😀
- For the frosting: beat together the butter, vanilla & brown sugar until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, until frosting is light and fluffy. Add milk as needed to make it light and fluffy, like cookie dough! 🙂
- Stir in the chocolate chips!
- Once the bars are cooled, spread the frosting evenly on top. Put them in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set up a bit.
- Cut into squares! Makes about 9-12 bars. Enjoy!!! 😀
K bye!!! :-*